Take payments online and in-person with Square
Get the Square extension for WooCommerce at no cost and instantly start accepting payments. With Square + WooCommerce, you can easily synchronize sales, inventory, and customer data, manage all your channels through one centralized platform and use one payment solution across all of them.
It’s easy to get started with Square in minutes. There are no long-term commitments, hidden fees, or surprises. With Square, you only pay when you make a sale.
Square helps all types of businesses start, run, and grow with intuitive, powerful tools.
- Accept payments anywhere, any time: Take payments online, in person or on the go with Square and never miss a sale. Square accepts all major debit and credit cards. (Available in the U.S, Canada, Australia, UK and Japan.)
- Clear pricing: Pay 2.75% (2.65% for CA, 1.9% for AU, 1.75% for UK, and 3.25% for JP) per in-person transaction and 2.9% + $.30 (2.9% + $.30 for CA, 2.2% for AU, 2.5% for UK, and 3.6% for JP) for online transactions. Custom rates available for some businesses with annual revenues over $250K and an average ticket size over $15. Get in touch.
- Fast deposits: See your funds deposited within one to two business days.
- PCI-Compliance: Square provides end-to-end encryption and PCI-DSS compliant payment processing with no PCI or security fees.
New features and updates
Customers and Card on File
Recurring customers can now securely save their payment methods and add labels to their saved payment methods for easy identification when choosing how to pay.
Auth and Delay Capture
Authorize transactions when your customers complete an order and then capture the payment after the items have shipped.
View itemized transaction details for improved reporting in Square.
Support for WooCommerce Subscriptions and WooCommerce Pre-Orders
Keep your inventory up to date and easily manage your business
Getting your products set up in both platforms is easy. Manually sync products from WooCommerce to Square, or from Square to WooCommerce — no need to set up items twice. When an item is purchased, your inventory automatically syncs between both platforms for accurate inventory management.
Save time by updating once
New products created in WooCommerce are automatically added to Square. Create and update products in WooCommerce and instantly see those changes in Square. All changes, including product names and prices, are reflected in both WooCommerce and Square.
Protect your business
Square is an industry leader in security and fraud prevention. It offers not only a suite of risk management services but also tools and resources to help your business thrive. And if you join Square, it’s all included at no additional cost to you.
Where there are purchases, there are payment disputes. As with any transaction, there’s always a risk that your customer will dispute the validity of the purchase. Square has a dedicated disputes team standing by to walk you through the process.
- Dedicated disputes team: Square has a team of experts to walk you through the process of challenging payment disputes with your customer’s bank.
- Dispute management made easy: With the Disputes Dashboard, you can submit all the necessary documents to Square electronically. Square does the time-consuming, stressful work of dealing with your customer’s bank for you.
Fraud and account takeover protection
Square’s fraud prevention team watches over your account’s security 24/7. It’s not just looking at your account activity to keep you safe. It takes a holistic look at the entire Square ecosystem to analyze a wide variety of signals and keep ahead of fraud trends.
- Square detects fraud before it happens: Square uses machine-learning models and live monitoring programs to analyze transactions as they’re happening and to keep an eye on suspicious activity.
- Advanced account takeover prevention: Square offers customization options to enhance your security by adding 2-Step Verification, employee permissions, and account change notifications.
As an industry expert in security, Square protects your data like its business depends on it—because it does. Square is the merchant of record for every transaction, which means we’re dedicated to keeping your business safe.
- Security technology: It’s engineered into our products (hardware, software, and payments) from the ground up. All security features are created and maintained in house.
- PCI Level 1 compliant: Square takes on the burden of staying PCI compliant. No checklists, assessments, or audits required.